Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tired and stressed out.

I've had four hours of sleep. I need to get my images to the printer, and I've taken the day off work to do it. Too much stuff to do, too little time, and I am burning both ends of the candle to get it done.

The world is getting me down. Every day I read about something that erodes what little faith I have in humanity. I can't justify believing in some prevailing goodness of humanity when shit. like. this. happens.

I'll try to write more when I'm not so busy, and not so dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

You really need to read Sartre's Nausea, I totally connected to Roquentin's disenchantment and disconnection. Of course it's not all the time. There's a great passage in it where he encounters a philanthropist and berates them convincingly, it was so satisfying that it made me hope I would run into a philanthropist so I could berate them.
Also, Camus once wrote something like "He who despairs over an event is a coward but he who holds hope for the human condition is a fool". I imagine Ms De Beauvoir would have been irritated that Camus wrote "he" but otherwise I like the quote.

12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home